Monday, September 9, 2013

Arizona State Board - Written Test

Study! Study! Study!

Oh all the studying that needs to be done. Words of wisdom "DONT WAIT TO TAKE THIS TEST"! I waited for almost a year and a half after graduating to get serious about this test. I finally took the practical in April 2013, and now its time to get this part done.

Man, do I wish I did it sooner. Its difficult to relearn all that stuff you learn in school. If I can make any impact to any reader I wish it would be to not wait to take your state boards!

I have been searching and searching for tips and tricks to study. I have found NONE! I hope that I can provide some assistance in helping you study for your exam.

1) Study the old fashion way! Milady text book, and a note pad. Highlighters and pens.
2) Flash cards (only the main topics)
3) Study what you need to study (Arizona State Board)
    - Click on drop down to choose "Esthetics"
    - Click Search (directly to the right of the drop down)
4) Download the PDF in specified language

Study what you see on here.

Secondary I am using Milady Study guide online. This program is paid program, and allows you to take the comprehensive exam and gives you a good idea of areas you need to brush up on. I found it has helped, but without breaking open the book, I have been stuck at about 70%. Its a must you combine your methods of study, to maximize the material you retain.



No comments:

Post a Comment